4.02.2009

Google and the Media's Future Business Model

This is a presentation I created for my 21st Century Media Class.

It discusses how Google got its start up, how they lacked a business model for 5 years after they initially launched, and the steps they took to remain innovative along the way.

The bigger picture: I draw parallels between what Google did and how current media might want to imitate some of their innovative processes in order to stay afloat and develop a new business model.

Google didn't have a clue what they were doing when they first launched-heck-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin didn't even mean to create a search engine!

Look at them now-I'd say they've done a fairly good job for themselves. Maybe the media has something to learn from Google. I don't know...? But at least it's something....

No comments: